How does a Massage help me?
Depending on your specific needs, there is an avenue of massage for every ailment.
What is an Massage?
Massage is more than a day of pampering. It is a rehabilitation tool for maintaining a healthy lifestyle. In essence it is preventative health care. It is the manipulation of different layers of the muscle and connective tissues to enhance well-being of the body and mind.
What is a Massage Therapist?
1. A licensed massage therapist (LMT) is a conveyor of holistic health, body and mind balance.
2. An LMT’s scope of practice focuses on the treatment of disorders throughout the human body through the systematic manipulation of the soft tissue.
3. Perform several different types of massage. Including but not limited to Swedish, Deep Tissue, Shiatsu, Pregnancy, Reflexology, Acupressure and so much more.
4. Also specializes in Baby Massage, Hydrotherapy, Aromatherapy, Active Therapy, Trigger Point, Hot Stones, Lymphatic, and the list goes on.
5. They treat anything from stress to serious muscular dysfunction.
Why do I need to see an LMT?
1. The body is affected by ALL things, posture, repetitive motion, accidents, pregnancy, diet, exercise, health, lifestyle, stress, malformations of the body, born with a genetic predisposition, and so much more.
2. An LMT’s goal is to educate and help the client realize their body’s dysfunction.
This is obtained by:
* Suggesting massage sessions that are best suited for them.
* Giving each client an individualized home care routine for their body’s needs.
3. LMT’s may evaluate your specific needs and if applicable defer you to your health care practitioner in the event your ailment exceed the scope of practice of your therapist.
REMEMBER – The body when affected by stress, can have exaggerated effects on not just the muscles but major organs as well. Therefore, when one thing is affected, everything is affected. Make sure to receive regular care as a preventative measure. ** The entire family can come in. Your infants or children whether involved in sports or ballet can receive and enjoy the benefits and healing properties of holistic massage care.
What can you expect at Willow Massage + Spa?
Step into relaxation as you are greeted by one of our friendly front office coordinators who will offer you a refreshment and make you feel right at home.
If you are a first-time guest, we will have you complete our “get to know you form” to help customize your services.
You will have a brief consultation with the front office coordinator before you begin your session. This will help us understand your needs, concerns and special areas of focus.
You will be invited to unwind in our relaxation room as you wait for your therapist.
Your therapist will then guide you to one of our new spacious massage suites. Your therapist will ask you any concerns or questions you may have which. They will exit the room while you undress to your comfort level.
Your therapist wants you to relax! Within minutes you will be transported away from the hustle and bustle of busy schedules and you can take a break from life and let go.
How quickly will I see results?
You can feel results as soon as the initial touch. Most people will feel some relief immediately after session, but as a general rule the full effects of the massage will be seen within one to two days. In addition it also varies with your ailment. * You brush and floss your teeth but that doesn’t mean that you don’t see your dentist on a regular basis.. They check your progress and see if there are any underlying concerns such as gum disease, gingivitis, etc. Same for massage you can’t expect one session to heal an ailment that’s been developing over a long period of time. Like any good thing massage takes time to procure all the benefits.
How often do I need to come in?
As a general practice, massage is most beneficial when used regularly but it depends on you and your specific needs. A regimen recommended one week might not be what you need the next. You therapist will guide you through the process and be there for you every step of the way. However, it is vital that you heed their advise and do the at home regimen that is specific to you.